This is an old piece I colored for Darren at
about 6-7 months ago. I had completely forgotten about it until I saw one of my proofs in a fellow deviant's gallery.
When I originally colored it, I was going for a texture similar to rice paper. I told Darren at the time that I thought it'd look really good with some kanji down the sides (and I still think it would!)
Looking back at it now, there's a few things I'd change, but overall I'm still pleased with how it turned out. I'd make the colors a tad lighter all around, and I'd probably color hold the petals with a nice dark pinkish color.
I did about 3 different versions of this for the different textures. The penciller has one of the other proofs with a different texture posted in his gallery here [link]
so I figured I'd slap up a different one.
Anway...that's it! Dunno if this ever got used for anything or not. I wouldn't blame em if they didn't use it though, it's probably a tad too dark for a decent print.
inks: Austin Janowsky